Title: Customer Service Representative – Level II
Department: Customer Service
Location: 899 Montreal Circle, Saint Paul, MN 55102
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Schedule: Full-time, Mon-Fri
Employee Type: Non-exempt Employee
Pay Type: Salaried with Benefits; includes Incentive Pay
An experienced Customer Service Representative is desired to enter sales orders and provide excellent service to our customers by responding to their order concerns and researching inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls and respond to the customer’s questions and concerns regarding the order process.
- Enter sales orders and perform all steps necessary to the end of the billing process.
- Work with EDI processing and manage these orders two days per week.
- Research customer inquiries and complete follow-up outbound calls or e-mails as need to keep customers informed.
- Assist outside warehousing representatives with order inquiries and freight options.
- Interface with accounting, shipping, sales, marketing, distributors, and brokers to facilitate orders, promote sales, and improve department processes.
- Provide a superior customer service experience to both internal and external customers and support other areas of the department as needed.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with key individuals (customers, reps, brokers as well as internal customers) and actively selling our products to them.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a minimum of a 2-year college degree and 5 years of experience in the customer service representative field.
Customer Service Representative Success Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong telephone etiquette
- Excellent time management skills
- Professional, flexible and positive team player that is self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively perform role using decision-making skills and other resources
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Proficient typing skills including 10-key
- Ability to communicate and manage conflict resolution in a professional manner
- Basic computer skills – word and excel
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Complete the form below to apply.
All fields required
NCCO is an equal opportunity employer.
For more than 100 years, National Checking Company (NCCO) has developed and produced products that drive success for the food service and hospitality industries. We specialize in products that improve restaurant profitability, enhance food safety, increase server and restaurant efficiency and promote a more enjoyable and satisfying dining experience.
Headquartered in St. Paul, NCCO is a family owned business that takes pride in their hard-working staff who are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. The future looks bright as new product lines, marketing programs and technologies help end users provide stellar customer service and achieve their business goals.