Title: Date Code Genie Support – Technical Product Developer
Department: Date Code Genie Product Line
Location: 280 East Lothenbach Ave, West St. Paul, MN 55118
Reports to: DCG Program Manager
Schedule: 40 Hours per Week, Mon – Fri, as arranged with Manager
The focus of this position is to enhance the aspects of the Date Code Genie [DCG] product line. Specifically, this role will be responsible for championing our software and hardware integration with the DCG and identify product enhancements. A successful candidate will have product development and project management experience, as well as the ability to communicate the needs of desired applications to engineers and software developers.
This position is being opened at a time of growth and change in the company, so the successful candidate will be eager to meet not only the essential duties and responsibilities listed below but also to proactively use his or her unique skills to respond to the challenges and opportunities that face the DCG line.
What is a DCG? Click Here
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Champion multiple short-term projects, as well as conceptualize long-term software and hardware integration, for the DCG.
- Assist with project planning efforts.
- Establish and manage tight project timelines.
- Maintain relationships and communicate with internal and external engineers, suppliers, and developers.
- Collaborate with colleagues, specifically the DCG team, Sales team, and IT Team.
- Integrate third-party technologies, hardware, and software.
- Utilize product testing skills to identify faults to ensure successful integration of product.
- Create prototypes and functional specifications:
- Oversee the development of new features with outside software developers.
- Work with engineers and manufacturing partners to bring concepts to fruition.
- Work with suppliers and manufacturers to specify components and hardware.
- Software Development:
- Communicate the needs of front-end application(s) to back-end Developers.
- Communicate project vision with outside Software Developers.
- Perform regression testing of beta software and report software issues.
- Proactively recognize UI/UX gaps in design and propose solutions.
- Understanding of certifications and processes to obtain product certifications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a minimum of a 2-year college degree related to Information/Technology or commensurate experience.
- Technical mindset
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues/vendors
- Inquisitive mindset toward enhancing an offering of products
- An understanding of compliance regulations and documentation
- Experience working with Software Developers and their language-speak
- Ability to manage Third-Party vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with OpenCart Software is desired
- Eager to work with our ERP system [Syspro] and other proprietary software
- Familiarity with both Java and LAMP Stacks software
- Professional, flexible and positive team player that is self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively perform role using decision-making skills and other resources
Complete the form below to apply.
All fields required
NCCO is an equal opportunity employer.
For more than 100 years, National Checking Company (NCCO) has developed and produced products that drive success for the food service and hospitality industries. We specialize in products that improve restaurant profitability, enhance food safety, increase server and restaurant efficiency and promote a more enjoyable and satisfying dining experience.
Headquartered in St. Paul, NCCO is a family owned business that takes pride in their hard-working staff who are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. The future looks bright as new product lines, marketing programs and technologies help end users provide stellar customer service and achieve their business goals.